To kick off the start of summer, last week a friend and I decided to get together and throw a vegan picnic.
There was lots of delicious food and the decor was on fleek (Am I too old for that word, lol?) so I thought I’d share some of that with you today.
If you’re interested in some yummy food, behind the scenes photos and a few decorating ideas then keep reading.
Some of my tips for Summer Entertaining/Picnic Decor are….
1. Tip #1. Use a chalkboard to list the menu. We found this one in the dollar bin at Target for only $3.00.
2. Tip #2. Find a cute glass pitcher to serve the drinks from. Bonus points if it has a chalkboard feature as well.
3. Tip #3. Serve mini desserts, like the carrot cake, in mini mason jars. I mean how cute is that!
4. Tip #4. Add twine bows to as many things as possible, because I mean why not?
5. Tip #5. Wrap sandwiches in parchment or wax paper.
6. Tip #6. Cut brown paper bags down to make small serving sized bags for chips.
7. Tip #7. Use cupcake liners to keep bugs out of your drinks.
8. Tip #8. Freeze fruits like blueberries in ice cube trays to serve in beverages.
9. Tip #9. Be sure to top off the drinks with a cute straw.
10.Tip #10. Have a polaroid type camera on hand (I had my beloved Fuji Instax)to take lots of fun photos with.
But most importantly just enjoy being present.
Okay, instagram it then put away the phone and just enjoy your company and the delicious food.
Speaking of delicious food….
L-R: Chips, Chickpea Sandwich & Hummus and Veggie Sandwich.
L-R: Cookies, Strawberries & Carrot Cake.
Okay so now you have your decorations under control what do you make?
Well for our vegan picnic we had goodies like: Watermelon Coconut Water, Chickpea Sandwich, Hummus & Veggie Sandwich, Vegetarian Baked Beans, Pasta Salad, Greek Salad and Chips.
Then for dessert we had Chocolate Chip Cookies, Carrot Cake and lots of fruit like strawberries & blueberries.
Sounds yummy right?
So what are your best Picnic/Summer Entertaining Tips?
What’s your favorite Picnic food?
I’d love to hear from you and if you’d like to see recipes for anything shown/mentioned in this post head on over to my friends blog here for those.