Wellness Wednesday: “Cheesy” Kale Chips Recipe
Have you tried Kale Chips yet?
If not you’re missing out!
Not only are they nutritious they’re also extremely delicious.
I’ve tried several different recipes/flavors of kale chips and this one seems to be the one I get the best feedback on.
I’m not sure where I got the recipe originally, but I’ve been using it for awhile now and everyone seems to love it!
I mean even people who don’t eat very many fruits or veggies always ask for seconds.
This is a before picture and sadly it’s the only picture I have of the process.
For some reason I can’t seem to take an after picture, because the Kale chips are always gobbled up before I get a chance hehe.
2 tablespoons oil(I use coconut).
1/3 cup unsalted cashews (I’ve also tried walnuts and they work great as well).
1/2 lemon, juiced
3/4 cup of nutritional yeast
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
1/2 to 1 garlic clove depending on how much you like garlic (I usually do 1/2).
1 bunch of kale, stems removed and broken up into small pieces
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F
2. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
3. In a food processor, grind coconut oil and cashews together until it resembles peanut butter. Add remaining ingredients except for the kale.
4. In a large, dry bowl combine kale and mixture together. Rub mixture onto the kale until fully covered.
5. Bake for 1 hour or until crisp.
Also make sure your kale is completely dry before you dress it or the mixture won’t stick to the kale.
Serves 2-4 people or so they say.
It serves one in this house most of the time 🙂
So that’s it.
If you try it out be sure to come back and let me know how much you enjoyed it.