If you’re new to the blog you may not remember the days when I did way more health and fitness posts, but I used to do them frequently and I often get asked when I plan on bringing them back.
Truth be told the fitness posts started slacking, because I started slacking on my fitness routine.
I’ve been thinking about it though and I thought what better way to inspire myself and hopefully others than to start a weekly (hopefully) post called Wellness Wednesday.
I may review my favorite new yoga mat, talk about my current celeb fitspiration, or even give you my favorite juicing recipe.
So here it is the first Wellness Wednesday!
Now onto the show….
My current Celebrity Fitspiration is Carrie Underwood.
Have you seen the muscles on this girl?
Every time I see pictures of her in a magazine I always think WOW I want to look like that!
So how does she stay in such great shape?
Well, according to the numerous magazine articles I’ve read in the past it seems Carrie stays in great shape by:
1. Tracking her food intake with a food journal.
2. Following a vegan diet. Carrie tries to avoid eating too many carbs/sugar and instead eats lots of fruits, veggies, beans & meat substitutes like quorn.
3. Hitting the gym for at least 30 minutes, four to six times a week either doing a stint on the treadmill or stationary bike.
4. Working out in the morning because she usually gets too busy to workout if she puts it off until later.
5. Incorporating strength training into her routine. She does basic moves like push-ups, crunches, and squats, but she’s not afraid of kettlebells either.
Looks like some great tips there.
I myself follow a vegan diet already and do lots of strength training so it looks like my problem is I need to add more cardio. Blah! I hate cardio, but no pain no gain right?
So tell me what do you think of Wellness Wednesday?
Who’s your celeb fitspiration?