Wella Professionals Celebrity Stylist Andy LeCompte was hard at work behind the scenes of the 2011 Latin Grammy Awards, creating not one, but three different hairstyles for award-winner and performer Shakira. First Andy created a loose, sexy up-do for her walk down the red carpet, next, he let the singer’s hair down for some glamorous waves for her award wins and then a more rock and roll style as she took center stage with a performance.
1. Wash hair with Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner to maximize volume and shine.
2. Prep wet hair with Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier Style Primer, then blow-dry the hair with a large round brush.
3. Curves: The 34-year-old’s gown featured a bedazzled bodice, which also tended to accentuate her cleavage. Spray hair with Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Spray to create matte texture to create the loose – slightly undone look.
4. Pull back the rest of the hair in a loose, natural piece-y chignon and pin it with a mixture of bobby pins and long T pins.
5. Pull down a few loose pieces and use a curling iron to give them a slight curl.
6. Spray the finished look with Wella Professionals Dynamic Fix 45 Second Crafting Spray to set.
1. Blow out hair with Wella Professionals Flowing Form Smoothing Balm to create lots of body and lift, and then set hair in Velcro rollers.
2. Take a 1 ¼ inch curling iron and curled and pin hair in horizontal sections.
3. Let hair set for about 20 minutes and then brush hair off to one side with a boar bristle brush.
4. Lift bang area with a rattail comb and spray with Wella Professionals Stay Firm Finishing Spray.
5. Spritz the hair with Wella Professionals Shimmer Delight Shine Spray for an all over radiant glow.
1. Use Wella Professionals Enrich Care regimen to condition hair for a silky smooth result without weighing it down.
2. Apply Wella Professionals Extra Volume Styling Mousse directly to a vent brush and comb from the root to the end for thorough application.
3. Blow dry the hair completely smooth with a ceramic brush.
4. Spray hair evenly with light application of Wella Professionals Thermal Image Heat Protection Spray and separate hair into small sections and use a medium to large barrel curling iron to set loose waves.
5. Spray hair with Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Spray to create matte texture to create the loose – slightly undone look.
6. Use Wella Shimmer Delight Shine Spray to add extra natural shine to the hair.
7. Aerate hair with fingers then set with Wella Professionals Stay Firm Finishing Spray to control fly-aways, tucking the hair behind one ear and giving it an all-over polished look.
Credit: Stylist: Andy LeCompte, Wella Professionals.