The stars hit the red carpet in style last night at the annual Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute Gala. This year titled ‘Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty,’ the Met Ball honored the late and inspirational designer and Hollywood’s hottest donned their most daring to wow and shine.
Sebastian Stylist Thomas Dunkin tended to the locks of Scream 4 actress Emma Roberts before the ball. Of the look Thomas says, “Her dress was incredibly beautiful and we wanted to achieve a super elegant, polished look from top to bottom.” Here, Thomas shares tips for channeling Emma’s Old Hollywood style.
1. Begin by slightly dampening the hair. Apply Sebastian Professional Potion 9 Lite throughout the bottom two-thirds of the hair to create texture and coat the roots with Sebastian Professional Volupt Spray for volume.
2. Next blow out the hair in big sections, placing each into pin curls when dry. This will help smooth the hair so you can get a polished, perfectly groomed effect for an elegant look.
3. Take a large curling iron through the hair, section by section, placing the pieces back in a pin curl.
4. Once the hair cools, brush it through to create waves using a Mason Pearson hairbrush. Gently pull the ends of the hair down to loosen the wave slightly for softness.
5. Finish by applying Sebastian Professional Shaper Fierce hairspray for hold that will last the evening.