PETER SOM / FALL 2011
Hair by Wella Professionals
Fall 2011 is all about real clothes for real women – it’s about luxurious ease but with a sense of fun. It’s about everyday luxury. The makeup and hair reflect a youthful style that kept the models from looking too mature and “done,” but it’s still feminine with a twist.
The hair look is inspired by a late-’50s, early-’60s quirky housewife, but with an added rawness to it. It’s a deconstructed half-up bouffant ‘that looks a just a little bit off. The intentionally disheveled hairstyle modernizes the classic updo with a surprising twist to make hair edgier, sexier and quite simply, “cool-looking.” The updo is a bit unexpected and looks like it’s coming undone as it’s very windswept, textured and autumnal. It has that ’90s take on the ’50s — it’s slightly minimal, but now it’s a bit more raw.
Wella Professionals Color Ambassador, Aura of NYC’s Serge Normant Salon, collaborated with Peter Som to choose a haircolor palette ranging from platinum blondes to brunettes. Aura and a team of elite Wella Professionals Top Artists from across North America custom-colored ombré extensions for each model for added length and fullness. Each extension started two shades lighter than the model’s natural haircolor and the team formulated color to match the roots and create a shadow for an ombré effect. It gives the hairstyle more texture and depth because the minute you have a root it makes hair look thicker and a bit denser.
Hair Styling by: Eugene Souleiman, Wella Professionals Global Creative Director of Care & Styling
Haircolor: Aura, Wella Professionals Color Ambassador
Hair products provided by Wella Professionals
1. Start with natural, textured hair spraying Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz on the roots.
2. Blow-dry hair upside down using fingers to create volume and texture.
3. Tease the top crown area by back-combing to add texture.
4. Make a side or central part and pull hair back behind the ears; tie at one side into a tight ponytail, leaving out teased section and bottom section of hair. This creates a tight, severe hair line.
5. Brush the top surface of the hair and twist into an asymmetrical French twist; secure with one hair pin.
6. To finish blast hair gently with dryer to loosen hairstyle, and spritz lightly with Wella Professionals Dynamic Fix 45 Second Crafting Spray to hold the look.
Wella Professionals Styling
Wella Professionals Styling is a complete series of new products that caters to a variety of hair care needs. All products contain proven formulas and new innovation, resulting in a high performance collection that delivers a range of benefits, while complementing Wella Professionals Care and Color. The new products combine wet styling, dry styling and finishing products, with each range offering four levels of hold. Wella Professionals Care and Styling launches May 2011 at a suggested retail price of $12 – $17. Products can be purchased at professional salons across North America. For more information, visit www.wellausa.com.
I don’t know about you, but I love this look. Now if I just had a place to wear it, lol!
What do you think of this look?